Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First email from the MTC!



Hey! Hey! Don't know that I'm gonna get all my pics out today. My computer isn't working and the pictures aren't working.
So much to say and so little time to say it all. Wow. The MTC is great but so so busy. and so crazy. My district is cool although we are all so different. The elders are going to Reno, Nevada and the sisters are going to Alabama. I love my teachers. They are amazing. Bro. Hilton is so great.
 One of the cool focuses of the MTC is to convert the missionary. We talk a lot about how you can't convert someone else unless you are fully converted yourself. the other cool thing is that I always thought personal study was studying for yourself. In the MTC we learn to study for our investigators during study time, and find scriptures/stories that THEY need to hear. through studying for another person, you gain strength and knowledge you wouldn't have otherwise gained. sorry for all l the typos. trying to go fast. The sisters in my district are cool. We get along well. They're all in one room except for Sis. Haws and me. We're on our own, but it's okay. I like having extra space and room. I lead the sisters in workouts a lot, which is fun. Loving my workout book!
I've seen SOO many people I know!! Seriously a ton. I saw Tim Sitze the other day. I see Saren and Eric often, and Margo often too. It's way fun. We write each other notes and leave them on our desks. I see people from my classes at BYU and it's fun. I also have seen Elder Kent Fellows a lot. You don't know who he is, but he's the son of the man I met when I announced my call in Mission Prep. They're both from Alabama. His name is John Fellows. You should let him know I've seen Kent! We have breakfast at the same time so it's cool.
Thanks for all the Dear Elders!! That awkward moment when your district leader walks in with a stack of letters and ALL but two or three are for you. Haha. It's awesome though. Thanks so much to everyone who has written me. It seriously means the world. The MTC is so so so hard and so exhausting. It means everything to have a letter to read at the end of the day. So please give my sincere love to everyone who has written me. Rachel, Dad, Derek Williamson, Jessie Jones, Sis. Pedroza, Aunt Cindy, Shayla, Aunt Mikael, Andie, Kaelani, Landon, and of course the endless Dear Elders from you, Mom and Brady. Means the WORLD. i wish I had time to write every single person back but please know how much to means to me. There's not a single letter I don't appreciate!! I get letters at lunch today so if I've missed anyone in the list that's why! We get letters twice a day, at lunch at 1:40 and dinner at 6:40. Dear Elders have to be in by 12pm mst and we usually don't get them til dinner time. so yeah. The district leader picks up the letters and hands them out.
Everyone was right! Wait till Sunday. It's so much more doable after Sunday, although still difficult. Things slow down a bit though. I'm still exhausted although I have a hard time sleeping at night. I lay awake forever in the hopes of falling asleep.The MTC is not like EFY haha. It's like ed week times twenty. No one is on your back or makes sure you are some place. You are on your own and responsible for yourself. and you learn ALL day. haha.
A tip to future missionaries: know your scripture masteries!! seriously so helpful that I still know mine from high school. it's been the biggest blessing.
Mom Google He's been there before, and marks of a man. two awesome missionary poems/stories. Thanks for the footie socks, razors and coconut roll! so sweet!!
Got to go on the temple walk on Sunday!! It was so cool and weird. I saw a lot of people I knew then too. I was thinking about how I was there just 2 months ago with Emily Lewis, walking around and wanting so badly to have that black name tag, to be a part of the team. And now I'm here. Now i get to do this marvelous work and be a part of the team. It was surreal. But awesome. We've also been focusing a lot on preaching with boldness. Moroni 8:16 has helped me with that. My MTC teacher said that when you preach with love, it's never overbearing.
I am glad you kept my bag!  I like it and would rather have it than not have it. Just mail it here to the MTC please. :)  I can't believe I leave so soon! the time has flown. Sister Haws and I got to leave this morning for my eye appointment. It felt so foreign to go out of the MTC haha. I drove past Jamba and Andie's apartment and everything. So so weird.
Gotta go. I'm gonna send more pics. Love you all!!
Sister Kelsey Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment